Information for our Broadway & Ballets Series Subscribers
As a current ticket holder for a Grand Opera House production that has been affected by the current COVID-19 safety precautions, we thank you for your continued commitment, support, and patience during these challenging times. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our organization is profound and will continue to affect us into the future. With all programing cancelled or postponed beginning in March and extending through the summer we have already lost over half of our annual revenue. We have also found it necessary to downsize our staff during this time, and we are exploring options on how we can begin performing again with new cleaning protocols and limited seating along with other considerations for your safety as a patron and the safety of our staff, performers, and volunteers.
To ensure that we are in a strong position to reopen when circumstances allow, we hope you remain with us by choosing one of following options for the remaining tickets in your subscription package.
- Keep your tickets for the same performances in 2021. If you already have tickets for Coppélia, Matilda, and/or Brigadoon we will automatically transfer your tickets to the corresponding show and performance. For Example: If you have tickets to opening night of Coppélia from March 2020, we will transfer your tickets to opening night of the Spring Ballet March 2021. If you have tickets to the second Saturday of Brigadoon in July 2020, your tickets will transfer to the second Saturday of Brigadoon in July 2021. If you choose this option we will make every attempt to keep you in the seats you originally chose, however if socially distant seating is still a consideration we will reach out to you to confirm alternative seating options. If you have yet to confirm the date of your reservation for any of the remaining shows in your subscription you may do so as soon as the box office reopens or at any time before the new production dates.
- Turn the remaining value of your subscription into a donation. If you are able, please consider converting the value of your tickets into a tax-deductible contribution to the Grand Opera House so we can “come back strong” with the high-quality entertainment you know and love. We will provide the appropriate receipts and acknowledgement.
- Exchange your tickets to a different date (same production.) If you can't make it to the date you've been automatically transferred to, contact us at any time before your scheduled performance and we will move you to the date you prefer, free of charge.
- Exchange your tickets to a different production. We understand that you may be unable to make it to the rescheduled dates for a production. Let us know which production in our 2020/2021 Season you can attend instead, and we will make the exchange, free of charge.
- Receive credit for your ticket in the form of a Grand Opera House Show Card. We understand that in these uncertain times you may not yet feel comfortable attending live events. We will happily provide you with a Grand Show Card equal to the value of your remaining tickets to be used for a later production. Grand Show Cards never expire, so come back to us when you are ready. (*Please note: Grand Show Cards cannot be used to purchase a subscription for a future season.)
If none of these options work for you, we will be happy to refund your tickets however we are hoping to have you back for a future production. For more information about our temporary refund policy, please click here.
Please confirm which of the above options you would like us to apply to your tickets by July 31, 2020.
To confirm your selection please email email@example.com or phone the Grand Opera House business office at 563-588-4356 Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm. When emailing, please include the name the subscription is under and any other ticketing information if you have it to ensure that we are able to process your request quickly.
One of the perks of your subscription was a free ticket to A Grand Reveal, originally scheduled for May 2nd and 3rd, 2020, where we would have announced our 2020/2021 Season. By necessity we had to cancel A Grand Reveal however it will be replaced with a special “Welcome Back Performance” as soon as circumstances allow. We will transfer your A Grand Reveal tickets to this production, and you will be the first to know about the details when they are announced. If you did not yet reserve your tickets for A Grand Reveal, you will be able to reserve your tickets for this production once details have been announced.