Information for Ticket Holders to The Heartland Ballet's Coppélia, Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical, Lerner & Loewe's Brigadoon, or Disney's Frozen Jr.
As a current ticket holder for a Grand Opera House production that has been affected by the current COVID-19 safety precautions, we thank you for your continued commitment, support, and patience during these challenging times. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our organization is profound and will continue to affect us into the future. With all programing cancelled or postponed beginning in March and extending through the summer we have already lost over half of our annual revenue. We have also found it necessary to downsize our staff during this time, and we are exploring options on how we can begin performing again with new cleaning protocols and limited seating along with other considerations for your safety as a patron and the safety of our staff, performers, and volunteers.
To ensure that we are in a strong position to reopen when circumstances allow, we hope you remain with us by choosing one of following options for the tickets you have purchased.
- Keep your tickets for the same performance in 2021. We are happy to transfer your current tickets to the corresponding rescheduled date of the show you were already planning to come and see. For Example: If you have tickets to opening night of Coppélia from March 2020, we will transfer your tickets to opening night of the Spring Ballet March 2021. If you have tickets to the second Saturday of Brigadoon in July 2020, your tickets will transfer to the second Saturday of Brigadoon in July 2021. If you choose this option we will make every attempt to keep you in the seats you originally chose, however if socially distant seating is still a consideration we will reach out to you to confirm alternative seating options.
- Turn your tickets into a donation. If you are able, please consider converting the value of your tickets into a tax-deductible contribution to the Grand Opera House so we can “come back strong” with the high-quality entertainment you know and love. We will provide the appropriate receipts and acknowledgement.
- Exchange your tickets to a different date (same production.) If you can't make it to the date you've been automatically transferred to, contact us at any time before your scheduled performance and we will move you to the date you prefer, free of charge.
- Exchange your tickets to a different production. We understand that you may be unable to make it to the rescheduled dates for a production. Let us know which production in our 2020/2021 Season you can attend instead, and we will make the exchange, free of charge.
- Receive credit for your ticket in the form of a Grand Opera House Show Card. We understand that in these uncertain times you may not yet feel comfortable attending live events.We would like to offer you the opportunity to see a show when you are ready. Your gift card will be issued for the full amount of your tickets and fees. Grand Show Cards never expire, so come back to us when you are ready.
If none of these options work for you, we will be happy to refund your tickets however we are hoping to have you back for a future production. For more information about our temporary refund policy, please click here.
Please confirm which of the above options you would like us to apply to your tickets by July 31, 2020.
To confirm your selection please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Grand Opera House business office at 563-588-4356 Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm. When emailing, please include the name the tickets are under and any other ticketing information if you have it to ensure that we are able to process your request quickly.